I'm tired. For a couple years, I've been blaming it on iron poor blood,
lack of vitamins, dieting and a dozen other maladies.
But now I found out it ain't that. I'm tired because I'm overworked.
The population of this country (the USA) is 237 million.
104 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work.
There are 85 million in school, which leave 48 million to do the work.
Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government.
This leaves 19 million to do the work. Four million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 15 million to do the work.
Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for State and City Government and that leaves 200,000 to do the work.
There are 188,000 in hospitals, so that leaves 12,000 to do the work.
Now, there are 11,998 people in Prisons. That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me.
Boy Oh Boy . . . And you're sitting there reading this. No wonder I'm tired, I'm the only one working.
Table of Excuses
To save time for this department and yourself, please give your excuse by number. The list below covers most situations.
1. That's the way we've always done it.
2. I didn't know you were in a hurry for it
3. That's not in my department.
4. No one told me to go ahead.
5. I'm waiting for an OK.
6. How did I know this was different?
7. That is his job, not mine.
8. Wait till the boss comes back and ask him.
9. I forgot.
10. I didn't think it was very important.
11. I'm so busy, that I just can't get around to it.
12. I thought I told you!